Build NetworkManager without GNOME dependencies

Hello,
is it possible to build NetworkManager without GNOME support? I don't want
GNOME dependencies in my system only for NetworkManager. On
http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager there is this paragraph:

"The most important pieces of NetworkManager are desktop-environment and
distribution agnostic, functioning just as well in Gnome, KDE, Xfce, etc.
across distributions like Fedora Core, Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian, and Gentoo."

It's nice, but if I try ./configure --help, there aren't any options to
disable GNOME support :-(

Is there some way how to build it without GNOME dependencies? This software
really shouldn't depend on some desktop environment, it should be
desktop-independent like for example hal.

Thanks,
Michal Krenek (Mikos)