Re: Flaky association with ipw2200 and Linksys WRT54G

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 16:32 +0200, Christian Schneider wrote:
> Hey,
> I have a similar problem with the ipw2100 wlan chip and driver under
> FC5. The very first time after installation things worked, but after
> that (reboot, plug- and unplug wired lan) it only works occasionally
> after a reboot (very seldomly though).
> Is the problem related to the ipw2200 problem? I'm not exactly a noob,
> but totally new to Fedora (comming from Gentoo), even finding
> kernel-sources is still a big challenge for me (why do things have to be
> so different in every distro?).

What does /var/log/messages say under these circumstances?  I've got an
ipw2100 in my laptop that I do  most of my NM development on, and that's
been fairly solid for quite a while.  I also have a WRT54G at home.
Note that ipw2100 and ipw2200 use the same in-kernel ieee80211 stack, so
some driver bugs that affect one will affect the other.

dan