Re: What exactly are the aims of NM?

On Thursday 30 March 2006 13:29, Darren Albers wrote:

> According to what others have said it should work with WEP or with
> unencrypted Networks.  If it isn't working at all can you try
> connecting via iwconfig?

It is working fine without NM;
after installing Fedora-5 I used ifconfig, iwconfig and route
to set WiFi up,
then I copied an old /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 over,
and now it works perfectly.
(As far as I could tell, system-config-network was useless.)

So my interest in NM is somewhat academic;
I'd like to use it if I could,
but if I can't it is not that tragic.

--
Timothy Murphy