Re: NetworkManager 5->6 problems

Ok, so I was able to at least fix the open network connection by
shutting down iptables.  Not my most favorite thing in the world to do
on a public WiFi network.  So I have a request:

Can Network Manager modify the local firewall as needed for
connectivity.  IE before NetworkManager sends a request to the DHCP
server for info it would be great if it opened up dhcp on that interface
and once it got an address or quit waiting it would close that port.

Also it would be neat to have some integration with something like
firestarter or something along those lines.  So when you connect an
interface it can get a firewall ruleset for it.

Maybe a nice dbus intelligent firewall project should get started to
allow a user to be protected on all interfaces without them having to
manually set them up when an interface comes up or goes down.

Joe