Re: WPA2 Enterprise (and other things)

Jon Escombe <lists <at> dresco.co.uk> writes:

> If I select "connect to other wireless network" and enter the full details for
> my WPA2 network (ssid, wpa2 enterprise, tls, identity, private key file,
> password) then I see the following output from NM and the connection succeeds:

<snip>

> If I then (for example) switch away from this connection and back again, I see
> only the following output. Doesn't prompt me for any credentials, just waits at
> this point:

<snip>

Have dug a little deeper and it's the check for an encrpytion key that's failing
inside nm-device-802-11-wireless.c / ap_need_key().

When the connection information is provided through the config dialog, this key
is set to 'FIXME', but when the connection is re-selected from the list of
wireless networks it's NULL. However, if I remove this check - it doesn't get me
much further, as it attempts to initiate the connection using WPA-PSK key
management not WPA-EAP. I'm assuming that it's not processing the saved
configuration correctly...

Hope this is of some use,
Jon.