NetworkManager 0.5.2 crashes upon module loading, on FC4 with kernel 2.6.15 1.1833_FC4

Greetings:

I used to have a setup in which NetworkManager 0.4 was used to manage a
WPC11 v4 network card. The driver for the card was used via ndiswrapper.
The ndiswrapper module loaded on demand, as the card was inserted into
the pcmcia slot. All this was on FC4.

On a fresh FC4 install on the same computer, the module on-demand
'modprobe ndiswrapper' into rc.local.

rc.local gets run at startup, but after all the other SysV scripts. Also
after NM 0.5.2 gets loaded.

Problem is that, as soon as the network card is inserted, the NM daemon
dies without any diagnostics. A consequence, I have to start it up
manually each time I want to use the network card. I suppose this should
not happen in any case so I report the issue here.

However I am unsure how to go about getting some more info (i.e NM does
not report anything in the logs immediately before the crash), so I'd
like a pointer in the right direction. At least an advice of how to make
NM more verbose so I can see what's going on would be great.

Thanks,