Re: Could not connect to the supplicant

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:26 +0800, Jeroen Roeper wrote:
> Well,
>
> After a long time trying and tweaking its time for me to post to the
> list. I have NetworkManager up and running on my laptop. For my wired
> network its doing what its supposed to do but it does not connect to any
> wireless network. I keep getting the following line in my logs:

Hmm.  There do need to be a few patches for wpa_supplicant 0.4.8,
namely:

a) Don't show WEP keys in debug messages
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-ctrl-iface-hide-keys.patch?rev=1.1&view=log

b) Enable the AP_SCAN option in the control interface (already in
wpa_supplicant 0.5)
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-ctrl-iface-ap-scan.patch?rev=1.3&view=log

c) Make sure drivers that don't fully support WPA work
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-auth-fallback-v4.patch?rev=1.1&view=log

d) Don't set a really low timeout for cards that don't fully support WPA
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-assoc-timeout.patch?rev=1.1&view=log

You'll need to also have these directories:

/var/run/NetworkManager/
/var/run/wpa_supplicant/

These should really be set up by your distro, but our 'make install'
process should really be setting them up too.

Dan