Re: Is NetworkManager Single User only?

It sounds like the next version of NM would solve most of the issues i
have with it.

NM should still try to be the way all linux systems (servers included)
configure there network. That would include a drop dead easy applet
that makes smart guesses about what you want, and a text interface if
your system doesn't even running X, probably even text configuration
files (xml?) . If it can't do it using current methods, the they
should be changed.

What i was looking for when i found network manager was a system that
would be the new standard for configuring networking in linux, not
just laptops, not just single user. I think linux desperately needs
something to do this and NM could be it. If NM doesn't something else
will and NM will no longer be needed.

Eli