Re: problem with wpa_supplicant

Am Dienstag, den 07.03.2006, 09:37 -0500 schrieb Dan Williams:

> The sockets should be getting created here:
>
> #define WPA_SUPPLICANT_GLOBAL_SOCKET	LOCALSTATEDIR"/run/wpa_supplicant-global"
> #define WPA_SUPPLICANT_CONTROL_SOCKET	LOCALSTATEDIR"/run/wpa_supplicant"
Yes it is.
> Do you have a /var/run/wpa_supplicant-global and some files
> in /var/run/wpa_supplicant/ ?
No i haven't.
> Also, you shouldn't be running
> wpa_supplicant normally either, since NM spawns its own copy.

Ohh I didn't know that it spawns it's own copy. But even if no extra
wpa_supplicant is started i get this error. And it looks like there
wasn't a copy of wpa_supplicant spawned. The sockets aren't created
too. Can I create them by hand for testing (if yes, how?)?

If I start wpa_supplicant manually, a socket "ath0" will be created
in /var/run/wpa_supplicant/ but there isn't a global one by default.