Re: Strange behaviour from 0.5.1 and 2006-02-21 cvs

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 10:52 -0400, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 12:34:56PM +0100, aj2r ya com  wrote:
> >
> > man dhclient:
> > "The  -x  argument  enables eXtended option information to be
> > created in the -s dhclient-script environment, which would
> > allow applications running  in  that  environment to handle
> > options they do not know about in advance."
>
> My version of dhclient (from dhcp-3.0.3) does not have the -x option, which is
> why I had to tell dhcdbd not to try to use it.

So how are you doing DHCP then?

NM requests information from dhcdbd, and dhcdbd gets its information
from the dhclient script.  But the dhclient script only gets notified to
push the information back to dhcdbd if you have a -x aware dhclient.

So, you will need:

1) dhcdbd
2) dhclient with -x
3) a dhclient script with correct magic to push options back to dhcdbd

Otherwise, it's not going to work.