Strange behaviour from 0.5.1 and 2006-02-21 cvs

I'm having a strange problem with NetworkManager 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 from
2006-02-21 (The two current builds in the Gentopia portage overlay)

NetworkManager will set the essid and the wep key for the network properly,
it'll get an ip address and set a route, and then it will just... hang there,
spinning its icon ... and then drop the ip/route, and ask for the key again.

The app versions are:

dhcdbd is 1.12 (I made a modification to this as an experiment, patched out
the use of -x with dhclient)
dbus is 0.60
hal is 0.5.6

I would tentatively guess that this is an issue with dhcdbd not telling
NetworkManager that everything worked, and it timing out and killing the
dhclient process, but like I said, that's just a guess.

Has anyone seen something like this?