Re: Can't find any wireless network

On 6/30/06, Lior David <liorda gmail com> wrote:
I'm using network-manager with Ubuntu Dapper on a Thinkpad laptop
(IPW2200). I can only choose wired networks, i don't have any wireless
option on the menu of nm-applet on gnome.

Have you installed the firmware for the IPW2200?  I know that on my system (Fedora Core 5 Thinkpad T43p) I needed to install the firmware after I had installed the OS to get the wireless card to work.

I got a firmware RPM from rpm.livna.org, Google should be able to find you a package for Ubuntu.

Keith.