"Advanced" settings dialog

Hi!

I have created a settings dialog for nm-applet. It looks just like the
"Connection Information" dialog, except it's editable. A menu item
situated just below "Connection Information" gives the user access to
it.

The boolean gconf key GCONF_PATH_PREFS "/advanced_mode" controls whether
the user sees the familiar "Connection Information" menu item
(advanced_mode == FALSE), or the new "Connection Settings" menu item
(advanced_mode == TRUE).

I do not know enough about NetworkManager to actually apply the
settings. For example, I don't know how to tell NetworkManager not to
use DHCP, or to set a certain IP, netmaks, broadcast IP, network speed,
etc. I have marked the spot in the code that gets executed when the user
clicks "Apply" in the dialog.

Please find the patch implementing the dialog at
ftp://tux.go-nix.ca/incoming/NetworkManager-0.6.3-settings-dialog.patch
I didn't attach the patch because it would have rendered this email too
large for the moderator's liking. It is a patch against NM-0.6.3.

Please let me know what you think!

P.S.: Is there a place/URL documenting all the different messages NM
accepts ?