Trouble with CVS and nm-applet

Ok, I'm making progress. I have the most recent CVS compiled and installed, but when I try to run nm-applet, I get a whole bunch of the following error message: (nm-applet:7037): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Followed by a dialog box saying:
The NetworkManager applet could not find some required resources. It cannot continue.

I also get this at the very beginning of the terminal when I run nm-applet, but I'm not sure if it's relevant: ** (nm-applet:7037): WARNING **: Icon nm-vpn-lock missing: Icon 'nm-vpn-lock' not present in theme

It looks like the daemon is running just fine, because I see the normal dhcp/nm entries in my syslog. I just can't configure anything... :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jason Martens