Re: Problem starting network manager Asus A6Q00Km laptop, ipw2200

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 22:26 +0200, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:

> I am running kernel 2.6.17 and I finally managed to get the driver to load
> without errors.
>
> Now I try to get network manager running and I get this error:

You do not get this by running NetworkManager but by running
KNetworkManager.

> Error requesting name, org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
> Connection ":1.9" is not allowed to own the
> service "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerInfo" due to security policies in the
> configuration file
> updateNetwork: Found network without device? Bailing out.
> updateNetwork: Found network without device? Bailing out.
> updateNetwork: Found network without device? Bailing out.
>
> What have I forgotten?

Your D-BUS configuration is not properly set up.  There should be some
file called knetworkmanager.conf in /etc/dbus-1/system.d.  This file
provides the policy for the D-BUS interface NetworkManagerInfo.

> Anders

   Timo