Re: Wired network idea..

Pierre Marc Dumuid wrote:
If I connect to a wired network.. do a wireless scan for the ESSID's in the area (and possibly the MAC addresses of the routers) and auto-set the IP / Gateway / DNS info based on the wireless router's in the area..

I believe this is an inherently bad idea. Especially in the settings of Universities and larger corporations, access points are always placed on their own VLANs with their own IP address range. There is absolutely no reason to assume that the IP addresses are transferrable.

--Pat