Wired network idea..

Just an idea.
At work (UNI) we have a wireless network, and a wired network, but the wired doesn't use DHCP.. (don't know why...)
What I thought would be cool was:

For the case of those forced to have IP / GATEWAY / DNS address unatainable via DHCP, then:

If I connect to a wired network.. do a wireless scan for the ESSID's in the area (and possibly the MAC addresses of the routers) and auto-set the IP / Gateway / DNS info based on the wireless router's in the area..

Pierre