Re: Use of BCM4318 card with NetworkManager

You don't have to use ndiswrapper with the bcm4318 anymore, though it does work well. There's a kernel driver included in kernel 2.6.17, and Fedora's 2.6.17-1 kernel. It's called bcm43xx and you can read all about it here:  http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/?go=Home

I've generally failed to get good functionality out of NetworkManager - it's been easier to use ifup et al., I think becuase NM doesn't seem to recognise my security settings (I use an open security mode, not restricted, and an ASCII WEP key) . There's nowhere to tell NM this (important) piece of configuration info  - at least, not in nice GUI-land. Or am I missing something completely?

Mike