Re: NM tidbits

Quoting Robert Love <rml novell com>:

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 18:01 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

What about atheros people who lose connectivity during the scan?
(Or has that been fixed in the driver?)

That stupid ass problem has been fixed in madwifi-ng.

Ahh, then perhaps it's time for me to update my driver!  Thanks.

But note that since, as Dan said, 'Enable Wireless' now turns off all
wireless (not just scanning) that point is already moot.  The decision
is whether to offer an option to turn of all wireless, an option to turn
off everything, or both.

I think an "airplane mode" is important..  Clearly we
want a way to turn off wireless..   I also think having a control
to turn off wireless separate from wired is also important, but I'm not
sure I can provide a good reason why I think it's important.  The only
reason I can think is if you don't want to unplug the physical wire
but still want to switch over to a different network infrastructure....

	Robert Love

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available