Re: 802.1x implementation

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 10:23 +0100, Ga�n wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My university is using 802.1x encrtpted wifi.
> I found this thread :
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.3/0667.html
> Speaking about a possible implementation in NM.
>
> Is this still in the todolist?
> Is there any progress in it?

Yes.  WPA & WPA2 Preshared-Key is now supported, and that's 90% of the
code required to support 802.1x as well.  We're working on making sure
the PSK code is solid, then moving on to 802.1x support with
certificates and more advanced stuff like EAP/PEAP/etc.

The bits that need the most work are the UI bits since there are a lot
more options that have to be configured for 802.1x than for straight
WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK.