Re: [patch] novellvpn - vpn daemon for ipsec gateways

T Sureshkumar wrote:
> hey,
>
>    This patch is a sequel to the one which I have posted on 9th Jan
> 2006. This new patch consists of novellvpn service to connect to IPSec
> Gateways, which are configured to authenticate using standard mode with

If it is a standard IPSec client why not call it by it's real name
(ipsec)? Novell VPN suggested to me that they are doing some "fancy"
stuff like Cisco which makes them incompatible to the rest of the world.
But if it is standard IPSec there are quite a variety of gateways we
will be able to connect to, for instance something simple as an OpenWRT
box with OpenSWAN. Is there an option of naming this neutrally to keep
marketing warfare out and to suggest to people that this is what they
need if they want to connect to a plain IPSec gateway by the package
name already!? Cisco just has a big stake with their XAuth draft so they
already stamped it "Cisco VPN" but I don't see that there are 90% Novell
machines serving plain IPSec.

Don't get me wrong, I really like your efforts, and I like Novell for
letting you doing so, but we should keep being the technical guys, not
the marketing ones.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)