Re: WPA status 2006-01-03

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 12:21 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> They should be hooked up, I got it all working before Christmas and
> before I started the NMDevice refactor.

Hrm.

> > Also - are we converting old-style gconf/keyring data?
>
> Yes, since around the 23 Dec 2005 or so.  Can you try running the applet
> with --sm-disable and see if it prints anything out when you try "Other
> wireless network" ?

Sure thing.

It does not print anything.  The daemon prints:

        NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1136482380.660630]  (): Forcing AP 'wolf'
        NetworkManager: <WARNING>         (): nm_device_802_11_wireless_get_activation_ap: tried to manually connect to network 'wolf' without providing security information!
        NetworkManager: <information>   User Switch: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/ath0 / wolf
        NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device ath0.
        NetworkManager: nm_act_request_new: assertion `ap != NULL' failed
        NetworkManager: nm_policy_schedule_device_activation: assertion `req != NULL' failed

Meanwhile, doing "Create New Network", shows no response in the daemon,
but the applet prints:

        ** Message: <information>       Creating network 'molly' on device '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/ath0'.

In either case, nothing actually happens.  The applet looks the same and
the daemon initiates no change.

	Robert Love