Re: Pre-down script?

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 22:06 +0100, Christian Güdel wrote:
>
> Not really.  How exactly are you supposed to know that the connection is
> "down" before it _is_ actually down?  The only case where you can know

We can now in the case of receiving a sleep signal via dbus. If we shut
down a VPN there also some kind of link going down. For instance at
university you have touse VPN or you can only connect to an
informational web server.

What would help is a general awareness of the system about connections.
For example Gaim could use that to logout properly from the IM networks
you are connected to, some kind of dyndns service could set a special IP
address that makes you know that the machine is down.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)