Compiling with nrpms

Hi.

Has anybody tried lately to compile NM on FC4 with nrpms gnome installed?

I get a lot messages of the kind

/usr/include/cairo/cairo.h:443: warning: declaration of 'y1' shadows a
global declaration
/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:242: warning: shadowed declaration is here

Same in hal.h (index), src/vpn-manager/nm-vpn-manager.h and
src/vpn-manager/nm-dbus-vpn.h (signal), gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkaboutdialog.h:113
(link). After patching all these files I was  able to compile the newest
NM again. Does anybody know if patches for this went upstream to the
appropriate places? Dan: Any ceveats in committing trivial patches
renaming the appropriate arguments in the header only for NM files?

I still think that we have a general problem somewhere. Including
headers in other headers should be avoided whereever possible to not run
into these problems (and to save compile time). I haven't traced back
where these headers get included so that they harm us. But I still think
 that we should think about moving local headers (included with "")
before the global headers (included with <>). Also re-arranging some of
includes (for instance for the hal.h you could make sure that <string.h>
comes after <hal/hal.h>) could work around quite a few problems so that
we would not depend on other libs to fix their header. Especially the y1
message makes it obvious that a pretty common term (if you deal with
coordinates) can cause harm depending on the include sequence...

My 2 cents, what do you think?

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)