Re: Any way to correct 'key type'?

Dan Williams wrote:
This gets a bit sticky depending one whether the connection to the AP
drops or not.  NM has a 20 - 40 second timeout on the connection,
depending on whether or not you have an a/b/g card or not.  Most APs
will reboot in that timeframe, and the card may reassociate to the AP
before the connection timeout triggers.  If the card still reports
itself as "connected" even though the settings have changed, then the
driver is likely buggy.  (There are some caveats, notably with Open
System mode).

Anyway, the long and short of it is that if you change settings on your
AP, you will probably need to choose "Connect to Other Wireless
Network..." and enter your new settings there.  If the connection is
successful, NM will remember the last-used _successful_ settings and
overwrite the previous ones.

Interesting because that's exactly what I did.  I went to "Connect to Other Wireless Network" and put in the new entries and it still didn't work.

I ended up going to the router, plugging into the ethernet and changing the settings back to unsecured.  I didn't have enough time to get down to the bottom of it on that visit.

NM still has a lot of issues so I only use it when I'm using a network other than my own.  It's too troublesome to use it on a daily basis.

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org