Re: Switch to ap_scan = 1

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 10:57 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 18:54 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > I committed code to switch wpa_supplicant scanning from 2 -> 1 for most
> > network cases.  This helps NM work better with Atheros cards.  I've been
> > running this code for about a week with no discernible ill effects on
> > ipw, airo, atmel, and atheros drivers.
>
> Nice.  Thanks.
>
> Per your ping on IRC:  Madwifi works for me, but only with the attached
> patch to use the madwifi wpa_supplicant driver.
>
> Non-broadcast networks do not work, though.  Not sure when they stopped
> working.  The card simply fails to associate and times out.

I got mine to work quite a bit better by switching from 2006-01-30 svn
to Sunday's.  That seems to work for at least WPA2-PSK to an Airport
Extreme.  The card takes a lot longer to scan and whatnot, which is why
I added the longer timeouts for a/b/g cards.  Furthermore, I have no
idea why the card keeps rejecting scan requests (which is due to the
check for !IS_UP() at the beginning of it's scanning ioctl handler).