RE: Configuring a static ip

Hey Dan,

	Thanks for the info. In my current setup, I've got multiple
'profiles' setup, so ifcfg-eth0 would be the standard one, which I've
set to use DHCP, which is what most places have. Then I've got an
ifcfg-staticNet file, which has the static ip config.

	 Previous to nm, I'd just go /sbin/ifup staticNet, and my card
would configure itself with that profile. In system-config-network, I've
actually got about 10 such profiles - 6 are wireless, which now can be
replaced by nm, but the others are wired, which nm doesn't seem to allow
configuration for.

	Of primary concern is the dns. Whenever I enable nm and my
static ip setup, it wipes out the resolv.conf file that I wrote for this
environment, and looks like it periodically attempts to contact a dhcp
server and reset everything. I've noticed that, even though I've
manually edited the file, it stays, then reverts after awhile when nm
polls for the dhcp again.

Is this the expected behavior of the client? Or is there some
configuration that I've messed up?

Thanks!

Koby