dependencies....

>From http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/:

"The most important pieces of NetworkManager are desktop-environment and distribution agnostic, functioning just as well in Gnome, KDE, Xfce, etc. across distributions like Fedora Core, Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian, and Gentoo."

So if these are the aims.. can I compile Netmanager on slackware without gnome ? (after long searches, on some gentoo-page, I discovered one has to 'configure --without-gnome') and still had to install quite a few other packages: hal, dbus, libnl, libgcrypt before to run into the required redhat-specific dhcbd... I gave up here, seems to be no end of dependencies.

Maybe it would be VERY helpful if more specific installation/configuring-info is given in the README file; i.e. required packages; specific configuration options to bypass above problems etc???
Or maybe you sould state that the application is only for that restricted set of 5 (Fedora Core, Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian, and Gentoo) distributions ...

If anyone can give me some hint how to proceed, that would be very appreciated..