Re: VPN plugin dependencies

Hi,

> Are the desktop dependencies mandated by NetworkManager's design, or just a
> result of not investing much effort into that topic? (From what I read on
> the NetworkManager website, it's at least supposed to be desktop
> independent, if I get it right.) Would it be possible to factor out the
> GNOME dependencies into nm-applet or is that less feasible?

I have just checked in the new VPN plugin infrastructure and plugins vor
OpenVPN, VPNC and PPTP into the KNetworkManager SVN. If you want to give them
a try you'll need the VPN backend provided through the NetworkManager CVS.
But at the moment it is not possible to build the VPN backends without the
gnome dialogs.

Regards
Helmut