Re: No icon on update notifier aera

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 18:02 +0100, jerume wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 16:15 +0100, jerume wrote:
> >
> > > Darren Albers a �it :

> > > Sure, networkManager and networkmanagerdispatcher is well launched. i
> > > tried with --no-daemon and test mode, it 's working fine but i have no
> > > icon. nm-applet is running too.
> > >

> > >From a terminal, as your own user, run the following command and report
> > what it prints out:
> >
> > dbus-send --system --dest="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" --print-reply /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.getDevices
> >

> Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in
> place prevents this sender from sending this message to this
> recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
> interface "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" member "getDevices" error
> name "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager")
> zsh: exit 1     dbus-send --system
> --dest="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" --print-reply

Right; that's the crux of the problem.  Nothing is authorized to access
NetworkManager.  It won't work until we get some of the security access
files in place in /etc/dbus-1/system.d.

The files you attached appear to be blank.  Can you verify that they are
indeed present on your computer?

/etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/nm-applet.conf

Where did you get the NetworkManager packages which you installed?

Thanks,
Dan