Re: Ubuntu 6.10 - different speed in network manager and iwconfig

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 07:32 +0100, Dominik Geisel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I use Ubuntu 6.10 with ath_pci (Atheror AR5215). I notices, that the
> information window in network-manager-gnome displays another speed
> than "iwconfig ath0".
> Mostly, network-manager displays 46 or 54M and iwconfig ath0 just 11M
> or 5M.
> Which speed is right and how to synchronize both?

The 'iwconfig' speed is correct.  I think the NM applet displays the
_max_ speed that the card is capable of, instead of the current
connection speed.  That's wrong and should be fixed, which involves
changes to both NM and applets.

Dan