Re: Compile error in HEAD, deprecated dbus_message_iter_get_array_len

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 23:10 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> Trying to build NM from HEAD, getting the following complaint:
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> dbus-dict-helpers.c: In function '_nmu_dbus_dict_entry_get_array':
> dbus-dict-helpers.c:652: warning: 'dbus_message_iter_get_array_len' is
> deprecated (declared at /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus-message.h:176)
>
> I can build by disabling -Werror, but since this option is enabled by
> default, has anyone got a fix for the problem? It's building against
> dbus 1.0.1.

Ah, interesting; I'll have to ask John about this on Monday.  The good
news is that the call is only used as an optimization.  But it will take
a small bit of work to remove it.  This code was initially modeled on
code from HAL, so it might be instructive to see what HAL has done here
too.