autogen.sh - GLib is 2.8.5

following the introduction on http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/developers/

i did "./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var" and get:

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0
>= 2.10) were not met:

Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.10' but version of GLib is 2.8.5

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GLIB_CFLAGS and GLIB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

so he says that my glib version is too new? I didn't want to downgrade Glib...

What2d?