Re: Hardware Modem (Zonet) and NetworkManager

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 12:55 -0400, Tom Mort wrote:
> I have a Zonet pcmcia hardware modem which works.  I can use it using
> Network Monitor or through Administration > Networks > etc.
>
> It isn't working through NetworkManager though.
>
> I can see my dial up account listed in NetworkManager but when I select
> it nothing happens.
>
> I am running FC5 on a laptop and NetworkManager works fine otherwise.

Hmm, does the modem show up in HAL (run hal-device-manager and look for
it)?  What's the modem's device name?  Is it serial or USB?

Can you post the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-XXXX file that
describes your dialup connection? (remove private info first of course).

Also, it would be useful to grab the output of /var/log/messages during
the connection attempt.  If you need pointers on how to grab that, let
us know.