DHCP returned name servers but system has disabled dynamic modification!

No matter what network I connect to, this appears from Network-manager in the
system log:
  DHCP returned name servers but system has disabled dynamic modification!

Since resolv.conf _does_ get modified, it's obviously not saying what I think
it's saying.  Is there a meaning to this message?  Is there something I
should be doing that would be more optimal?  Given that I generally associate
to only two networks and the DNS gets configured correctly for each, it's not
a big problem, but I'm wondering if I'm likely to get bitten sometime when I
associate to a new network.
--
derek