Re: Cannot get wireless connection on Fedora 5

wpa_supplicant only starts when you attempt to make a connection or
scan.

To see it in action run wpa_cli as root.  Then try and connect to an
access point using NetworkManager.  the wpa_cli will first say failed to
connect to the wpa_supplicant daemon but then it will connect when
NetworkManager needs it.  If it successfully makes the connection it
will stay running, else it shuts it down.

I believe that NetworkManager starts wpa_supplicant it configures
everything via a communication socket that Dan and others completed in
wpa_supplicant.  So when NetworkManager starts wpa_supplicant it will
tell it which network interface to run it against.

--Joe