Re: Cannot get wireless connection on Fedora 5

On Friday 28 April 2006 05:17, kraekan westnet com au wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I saw this problem with FC5 Test 3 I think it was. I have just
>installed FC5 and I see the same thing again. I have a Dell Inspiron
>8600, Intel IPW2200. The system is fully updated and I am using the
>wireless gear that come with the kernel, git-1.0.8.
>
>I am using a wep ASCII key and a D-Link AP. Previous version of FC
>and NetworkManager haven't presented any problems.
>
>Viewing the command iwconfig while NetworkManager tries to connect it
>doesn't appear to set the key to restricted. I can set it while NM
>connects and everything then works OK.
>
>Attached is the output from running NM with the no daemon option.

I think the mailing list server ate your attachment.

I too am having a rough time getting NM to work, but I just discovered
that FC5 doesn't by default enable wpa_supplicant, which AIUI, has to
do with key negotiations.  It might be enlightening to do a "chkconfig
--list wpa_supplicant".