my wireless adaptor doesn't work

Hello all,

My wireless adaptor doesn't work with networkmanager on ubuntu right
now. It is GW-US54GZL of Planex using chipset zd1211.

First I found the version of of zd1211 on ubuntu is too old to identify
my adaptor. I simply download the latest version of zd1211 driver
from their offical website (http://zd1211.ath.cx/).

After compile and install the driver, my computer can identify my adaptor.
However, as I plug it in, the NetworkManager tray icon disappears and
seems the NetworkManager hangs. It happens every time I plugin the
addaptor.

What can I do?

Koala Yeung