Re: sdding support for new distro

Thanks,

I managed to compile NM using '--with-distro=redhat' option.

Regards,
Vishy

On 15/04/06, Dan Williams < dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 06:44 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I doubt you really need to have support for your distro added to
> NetworkManager.  I maintain a distro that isn't based on Red Hat
> (Foresight Linux), but is compatible.  All I do is add
> '--with-distro=redhat' as a configure argument.  Works great.

Good point.  If anything _does_ end up needing to be changed, some bits
need to be added to configure.in and a backend in src/backends/ needs to
be created for whichever specific distribution.  People usually just
copy the NetworkManagerRedHat.c or the NetworkManagerSuse.c file and
modify as needed.

Dan