Cannot get wireless connection on Fedora 5

I have been using NM on Fedora since it first came out, but since I upgraded to Fedora Core 5 I cannor use it to connect to my wireless network.

When I log in it asks for the WEP key (whereas it always knew it in the past!), and when I select WEP 40/Hex and type in my hex key - it refuses to connect.

If I stop NM and issue these iw config commands , then it always works.

                 /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid <my essid>
                 /sbin/ifup wlan0

Any suggestions?

John Lagrue