Re: VPN and Scripts?

Tim Ansell wrote:
I was wondering if it was possible to setup scripts to be run after a
certain network is connected.

For example I need to setup some special routes and stuff for my Uni
network to work. Currently NM finds the network and connects fine, I
just need to add them by hand.

Don't know about this one ...

I also connect to another wireless network which uses a Cisco VPN
concentrator for network encryption. I can connect to it find with vpnc,
I was hoping I could also have this start after NM connects.

I'm sure it's doable but until the keyring password issue is settled, it'll ask for your password, kind of killing the automation you're going for.

I also have a wireless network which has a DHCP server on it but I would
like to use static IP address, is there anyway I can do this?

In theory, the backend for your specific distro should handle this case by setting the parameters in your /etc/... files. However this is very distro specific and NM does not (yet?) allow users to set up static ip addresses.

Finally different networks I connect to have different proxy settings,
is there anyway I could get NM to change the proxy settings when I
connect to different networks?

Again, it's not done yet, but the idea is nice though.

People on list : did I forget something?

Rémi Cardona