Re: NetworkManager fails to connect

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 17:55 +0200, Rene Rask wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I reported some problems a while ago. Now I'm in a situation where NM is
> stuck again.
>
> I'm using an ipw2200 on an IBM X40 running Fedora Core 4 with kernel
> 2.6.12-1.1390_FC4 and NetworkManager-0.4-20.FC4.1.
> Ipw2200 driver version is 1.0 and firmware is 2.2.
>
> Any suggestions for figuring out why NM suddenly stops being able to
> contact the access point?
> This problem pops up from time to time. I'm pretty sure that deleting the
> entry for "duck" in gconf will make it go away, but this is getting
> tiresome and needs to be fixed properly.
>
> The output from NetworkManager --no-daemon is attached

Thanks,

This indicates that NetworkManager is not trying Open System mode.  Have
you set your access point to only use Open System mode at all?  Or is it
set to both Shared Key & Open System?  Linksys access points have an
"Auto" setting, for example, which enables both authentication modes,
and you have to explicitly choose only Shared Key.

If you are using only Open System, then I'll need to revisit the auth
mode fallback code.