Re: ipw2200 Wireless Extensions 19 vs wireless userspace tools with WE 18 breaks NetworkManager?

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 15:40 -0400, Shawn Starr wrote:
> I am unable to run NetworkManager it coredumps in file:
> NetworkManagerUtils.c line 367, function: nm_dispose_scan_result
>
> Note when I run iwconfig eth1 scanning it works but a warning is
> displayed indicating the driver is newer than the userspace tools, and
> some thing may be broken. However, it goes on to display the APs near
> me.
>
> Anyone else report problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn.

I also get coredumps with NetworkManager with most of my network cards,
I think currently, only 1 card works with it for me - an Atheros chipset
dlink dwl-g650 - my orinoco cards and my cisco card, and my rtl8180 all
cause it to dump core, and my xircom wired pcmcia card also causes it to
dump core (only seen this recently and haven't tracked it down just yet,
thats why I hadn't shot a mail off to the list yet)  And, I just got a
report from another Gentoo user that his prism54 (kernel driver) also
dumps core on him.  The driver he uses is the 359x driver from the
kernel.

-- steev