Re: Failing dhcp

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 00:01 +0200, Theetjuh wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I finally got NetworkManager 0.5.0 builded, but dhcp doesn't work for
> me.
> I search through the ML and found that out that dhcp needs to be
> patched for dhcdbd and dbus
> I also had contact with Nico, who said he uses the
> dhclient-3.0.2-22.FC4.i386.rpm , i downloaded the latest source rpm of
> 3.0.3 which is used default by slackware, but found 50+ patches !!!
>
> Surely i don't need every single one, so the question ... which
> patches do i need for dhcp to start working ?

Correct, you'll need two bits.  First, you'll see some stuff at the top
of the 'dhclient-script' file that uses dbus-send to send the DHCP
values to dhcdbd.  You'll need to copy that to your own DHCP script in
slackware that your dhclient calls.

Second, you'll need at least the patches from the Red Hat dhclient RPM
that contain the word "dbus".