Re: NM gets it wrong

Dan Williams wrote:

> Right, this is all an artifact of the vpnc implementation.  In vpnc, the
> PtP and local address are the same.  This was something only a second
> VPN implementation could find :)
>
> The NMIP4Config structure doesn't have an entry for PtP addresses.
> We'll likely need to add one and also augment the vpn-service -> NM API
> to deal with that, so that each individual vpn service can do what it
> wants to with that.  Which variable is the "server" address that gets
> passed from OpenVPN to your helper?  Is it VPNGATEWAY?

Yes, it's VPNGATEWAY. The local IP address is stored in ip4_address.
Even if the local IP and the remote are the same for VPN, why is it not
sufficient to have the ip4_gateway set to the remote gateway and
ip4_address to the local address? What are the semantics of these fields?

> We should probably bug davidz about this one...

bug bug ;-)

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)