Re: Cisco VPN config files converter

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 12:25 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 23:12 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > As I didn't fancy entering all this data by hand in GConf, and that I
> > realised I couldn't write Perl to save my life, I wrote this little C
> > program to parse .PCF files from the Cisco VPN Client, and feed the data
> > into GConf.
> >
> > As I haven't done quite enough work on making sure the keynames, and
> > data that gets in GConf is sane, I didn't make it write to GConf
> > directly. If David fancies, I'll integrate this into his VPN properties
> > thingo as an import utility.
>
> I think that would be great. I think maybe we just want a button "Import
> from file..." in this dialog:
>
>  http://people.redhat.com/davidz/nm-vpn-properties.png
>
> and then the entries would be automatically set?

This seems like the easiest way indeed. We would still need to see what
can be done about the secret key conversion script, which should
probably be hosted somewhere on a GNOME web server with SSL.

Maurice, any ideas?

Cheers

PS: The beginning of this conversation is at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2005-May/msg00120.html
--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>