Re: CVS (STABLE_0_3) works for Madwifi/Atheros, but starts too late

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

> NM is likely to be very unhappy if you just suspend it, and wireless
> drivers in general have issues with suspend.  There really is no method
> for NM to know when you've put the computer to sleep since nothing sends
> global events out (PowerManager+HAL will eventually do this the Right
> Way using dbus).

I already fixed the device issue in my acpi scripts..  I ifdown the interface
manually and then rmmod all the device modules (I have no idea why "modprobe
-r" doesn't DWIW).  This seems to work fine as far as the module itself is
concerned.

> NM does have a "sleep" dbus method that will make NM stop and down all
> devices, and a "wake" method to wake it up.  Those should be able to be
> done in the ACPI scripts fairly simply:

Ooh, this is useful to know.  Is this documented somewhere?  I'll try this and
see if it works.  Thanks!

> /usr/bin/dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
> --type=method-call /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.sleep
> sleep 5;
>
> and:
>
> /usr/bin/dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager
> --type=method-call /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.wake
>
> Dan

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available