Applet not showing up?

Hi all,

I have NetworkManager-0.4-3.cvs20050315.3.0 installed but I see some
problems and I wonder if this is something I should mention on the
fedora-devel list or here. Anyway just send me away if this is the wrong
forum.

Misc info:
NetworkManager-0.4-3.cvs20050315.3.0
dbus-0.31-2
hal-0.5.0.cvs20050322b-1
kernel-2.6.11-1.1191_FC4
ipw2100

1. I have NetworkManagerInfo set as a "Startup Program" in the Sessions
application, and it seems to start. But no applet is visible.

[xyz@ ~]$ ps ax | grep NetworkManager
 3276 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/sbin/named -f -u named
-c /var/named/data/NetworkManager-named.conf
 3492 ?        Ssl    0:01 NetworkManagerInfo
 3493 ?        Sl     0:01 /usr/libexec/NetworkManagerNotification

If I now do a "kill -HUP 3492" I see something quickly happen in the
applet tray but immediatelly dissappears.

Anyone know what has happened?

2. When I have logged in I need to do "dhclient eth1" to retrieve an IP
address. Using iwconfig I see that it immediatelly, after log in,
connect to my AP, but for some reason I don't get an IP address...

Anyone know why?

best

/Richard