Re: static

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 06:59 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> Hi.  I'd really like to use networkmanager to move back/forth from
> home/work/girlfriend.  One problem.  I need a fixed IP at home (but for work
> I need dhcp), so I can forward a specific port through my wireless router to
> my laptop for VPN.  This works fine with standard redhat/fc3 setup, but I
> don't think networkmanager can do this, can it?

Why not set up your DHCP server at home to always give your system the
same IP address?  It's easy if you are using the ISC dhcpd (standard in
Fedora Core):

host abcde {
        hardware ethernet 00:11:22:33:44:55;
        fixed-address 192.168.0.100;
}

May be more difficult if you are using some other DHCP server.

Jeff