Re: Can't connect to wireless network: not getting UDP packets

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:35:45 -0800, Joe Barnett <thejoe gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:54:37 -0800, Joe Barnett <thejoe gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having trouble connecting to a wireless network with
> > NetworkManager.  I've posted the logs of what happens when I
> > disconnect and then reconnect the ethernet cable from my laptop[1].  It
> > looks like NetworkManager thinks it's getting TCP packets for DHCP
> > instead of UDP packets.
> >
> > If I stop NetworkManager and set my ESSID and wireless key, and then
> > run ifup wlan0, it grabs an IP fine, and an ethereal capture shows no
> > TCP data, and DHCP traffic going over UDP on the proper ports (67 and
> > 68).  I'm using a broadcom integrated wireless g card with the
> > ndiswrapper drivers on Ubuntu hoary, running latest NetworkManager
> > from CVS.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Joe
> >
> > [1] http://sweeze.ath.cx/~jbarnett/NetworkManagerTrace.txt
> >

> Is there any more information I can gather to try to help track this
> down?  (I believe it is the same problem as Sami Haahtinen reported in
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2005-February/msg00193.html)
>
> -Joe

Hmm....  tried running ethereal on my laptop while the DHCP was going
on, and ethereal only detected the DHCP UDP requests, and didn't see
any other packets at all, let alone TCP packets....

not sure what that means, but it might be similar to what Sami was
seeing looking at the access point side (no DHCP requests received on
AP side)

-Joe